Monday, December 2, 2013

Hooked Again

I've been frantically crocheting scarves that will be Christmas presents this year; will post pix shortly. I discovered that the store Tuesday Morning sells discounted yarn, so have done quite a bit of shopping there in the last month or so. I found the most delightful yarn, Knitting Fever Schmaltz Yarn (http://www.paradisefibers.com/knitting-fever-schmaltz-yarn.html) that is nearly 300 yards of polyester with sequins. (Delightful in one sense -- lots of bling; terrible to work with, though, as it's so slippery that it slides off the surface. I couldn't find an interior end to pull so have ended up with many knots and tangles. I eventually found a way to tame it, and it's definitely worth using, but needs lots of patience to work with.)


Schmaltz knits up very nicely with other yarns that I'm using--Queensland Caracara (http://www.yarn.com/product/queensland-collection-caracara-yarn/) that's a very fine blend of acrylic, nylon, and mohair.

No comments:

Post a Comment